Sunday, March 6, 2011

"DON'T BE AFRAID TO BE THE GIRL IN THE ROOM WITH THE BIGGEST HAIR"



Recently, I took a style quiz online, and it made me realize that the things I love aren't the things that represent me, which got me to thinking...


How many times have you gotten up late, or due to a hectic schedule just not taken the time that you would like to do those little extra things for yourself before you walked out the door?  I am guilty of all counts, and then I get frustrated because it never fails that I see a person, wearing the things that I wish I had taken the time to put on, or end up feeling just envious of how well put together they look.


As a makeup artist my job is to make the people I work with look and feel beautiful. Yet most days, I myself feel far from pretty and more confident.  That can be a difficult thing especially on those days when I'm running late, or where I have a meeting to attend and have just come from a shoot where the set is in the middle of the desert.  Start compounding those occasional days into frequent ones and it can be a very hard pattern to overcome.


On a more personal level, as I get ready to leave to work in a different state,  I can't help but notice that this same pattern is ringing loud and clear.  I have spent all week, getting my kit ready, cleaning all my brushes, printing and organizing release forms, yet I haven't taken a moment to do anything for myself!?!  


Are you guilty?  I'm learning that changing the way we treat ourselves can be one of the most difficult tasks there is.  Especially when you have conditioned yourself to be the last priority (if any) of the day.  So I have come to a few conclusions.  First, it is OK to take time for yourself...and second it is OK to stand out or to have your own style.
   



 I am going to find a way to incorporate the styles that I love into my everyday life,  and of course...


       BE THE GIRL IN THE ROOM WITH THE BIGGEST
                                     HAIR!!!
                                                              Atterec Design House-



No comments:

Post a Comment